Fire breaks out in historic Old Town candle shop - San Diego, California Talk Radio Station - 760 KFMB AM - 760kfmb

Fire breaks out in historic Old Town candle shop

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - An electrical fire caused about $300,000 in damage to a Old Town candle and soap shop early Saturday, the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department said.

The fire broke out about 1:15 a.m. at Toby's Candle & Soap Shop at 2645 San Diego Ave. About 25 firefighters had the blaze knocked down shortly before 1:30 a.m., according to a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department dispatcher.

The fire caused about $200,000 in damage to the property and another $100,000 in damage to its contents, the dispatcher said. No other businesses were affected, he said.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.