SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A faulty dryer sparked a blaze that displaced three people and caused about $300,000 in damage to a San Carlos-area home, fire officials said Saturday.
The fire was at 6880 Town View Lane, and was reported about 10:20 p.m. Friday, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
Three people were evaluated for possible smoke inhalation, but were not hospitalized, a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department dispatcher said. The American Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced residents, the dispatcher said.
The fire, which investigators determined an equipment malfunction in a faulty dryer, caused about $200,000 in damage to the structure and another $100,000 in damage to the property, the dispatcher said.