SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - Devastation struck two local veterans after their hot rod shop went up in flames over the weekend.
The fire broke out Sunday shortly after 5 p.m. at Hot Rod Rescue on the 3500 block of Hancock St.
Several other businesses were damaged in the fire, including one that contained a marijuana growing operation.
The hot rod shop suffered the most damage. In an ironic twist, the shop was named in honor of their military service in the Coast Guard.
The business partners do not have insurance. They are assessing their losses at about $150,000.
In this News 8 video report, Shannon Handy has a look at the damage and the owners' plans to rebuild.