SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - An elderly woman is in the hospital Tuesday after a kitchen mishap resulted in a dangerous oven fire.
The call came in just before 4 p.m. at a home in the 3200 block of Jarvis Street in Point Loma. Firefighters say the victim accidentally left her oven on and the food inside caught fire.
Neighbors identified the victim as 80-year-old Emily Joseph. They say she was saved by two men who noticed the black smoke billowing out of her front door.
"When I see the people go in, I come out and as soon as I come out I see the billowing, the smoke was coming out in puffs and then I saw them helping her out. I think they deserve to receive some kind of recognition," neighbor Lois Ferro said.
The men took off before fire crews arrived.
If you are one of the heroes that helped save Ms. Joseph, News 8 would like to help get you the recognition you deserve.