- 3 cups any nut or nuts you like. I prefer almonds, walnuts and pecans but use what you like and you can mix them or use one type exclusively.
- 1/3 cup honey or sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your taste with the salt and pepper...add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 package bacon (at least 8 to 9 slices)
- Cook the bacon anyway you prefer. I use the oven with the bacon on a rack inside a lipped tray.
- Drain it once it's crispy and crumble into pieces - set aside - (yes, the cook is allowed, required, that should read, to taste test the bacon!)
- Beat the egg white and salt until it's frothy. Beat in the honey or sugar until it's blended.
- Add the nuts, cayenne pepper and toss until all nuts are coated.
- Place on sheet pan in a single layer and bake 30 minutes, in 325 degree oven, turning at least once so that all sides of nuts get roasted.
- Place in bowl and add the bacon crumbles and toss. Serve immediately and ENJOY!!