Flames shoot from chimney after homeowners light fireplace - San Diego, California Talk Radio Station - 760 KFMB AM - 760kfmb

Flames shoot from chimney after homeowners light fireplace

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) – Firefighters have issued a winter warning to homeowners, after flames are seen shooting out of a chimney in Pacific Beach early Wednesday morning.

The fire started around 2:15 a.m. in the 900 block of Agate Street. Residents say the flames sparked when they tried lighting their fireplace for the first time this season.

CBS News 8's Angelique Lizarde files the above video report from the scene with a look at the damage, which is said to total $50,000.

Although fire crews say there may have been something stuck inside the chimney, the cause remains under investigation.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.