SAN MARCOS (CBS 8) - Fire crews worked through the night to control a fire inside a North County home.
The fire started around 1 a.m. Tuesday in the 3600 block of Decora Circle in San Marcos.
Fire officials said the residents started a fire in the fireplace and left it burning as they went to sleep. The fire then spread from the fireplace into the living room.
One person was injured when they burned their hand, and a neighbor was transported to the hospital after complaining of chest pains.
The fire was contained to just one room but the home now has, heat, smoke, and water damage.