In Sam's absence, Shelly hosted our cooking segment this morning with her fresh take on a traditional meatloaf.
1 lb ground pork
1/2 lb ground beef
1 big yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 pieces of stale bread (stale so it absorbs moisture) you could also use bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sautee onion and garlic until translucent.
- In a large bowl, mix pork, beef, salt, pepper, stale bread, eggs, basil, thyme, sage. Add onions and garlic, mix well.
- Put the mixture in a glass casserole dish and shape into a loaf and flatten the top. Top with bay leaf and as much ketchup as you want.
- Bake on 350 for 45 minutes or until done.
- Slice as you would a loaf of bread and serve with potatoes and other vegetables.