Gas explosion injures restaurant worker - San Diego, California Talk Radio Station - 760 KFMB AM - 760kfmb

Gas explosion injures restaurant worker

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - A natural gas explosion sent a restaurant employee to the hospital with burns Tuesday.

The blast happened at Bernard'O Restaurant in the 12,000 block of Rancho Bernardo Road shortly before noon.

Investigators say the man was trying to light the grill at the restaurant when it exploded in a flash fire. The man suffered minor burns to his hands.

A sprinkler system quickly doused the flames before they could spread.

State and county safety inspectors are investigating.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.