Get the biggest deals delivered to your inbox! Click here to sign up for the DEALBOSS newsletter.
There is no doubt about it: this laptop deal is better than Black Friday. It's the best laptop deal you will see this year other than on Prime Day. In fact, a Lenovo laptop with half the RAM compared to what I found today sold for $50 more on Black Friday 2018. You can bet I’m excited.
I test many laptops, netbooks and tablets throughout the year. Lenovo is one of my favorite brands — and no, they’re not paying me to talk about them — now that it’s been years since they rebranded from IBM. With high-end features including Dolby Audio, a very generous 128GB solid state drive and a truly surprising 8GB of RAM, this 15.6-inch Ideapad deal is worth a look for students, small business owners and anyone on the go.
Chances are if you’re reading this article, you’re in the market for a laptop or an upgrade. For far less than the price of an iPad Pro, you get a 15.6-inch HD screen and a full keyboard plus Cortana, Window’s answer to Siri and Amazon Alexa. It is unheard of to see a new laptop with this much RAM from a major brand like Lenovo at under $540, let alone $340.
If you’ve cut the cord or often find yourself without a proper screen to stream video, the 15.6-inch display on this Lenovo is a superb viewing experience. I put the Lenovo through a series of tests against the almost $3,000 MacBook Pro I use in the studio which sports a 13.3-inch screen. While the Apple Retina display was more vivid, the extra display visibility on the Lenovo actually made this the preferred screen. Obviously comparing this Lenovo to a 15.6-inch MacBook Pro would put the Mac on top by a long shot, but this laptop costs about what the tax would on a Mac.
Graphics professionals, video editors, photo fanatics and gamers should skip today’s laptop deal and you likely don’t need me to provide that advice. For every day computing, power point presentations, web browsing and a superb streaming experience — or if you need a secondary or spare laptop, I would get to this deal before it sells out.
Click the play button to see the Lenovo laptop I bought up close.
Features of the Lenovo 8GB RAM IdeaPad:
- 15.6-inch HD Display
- Platinum computer (looks similar to a MacBook Pro)
- 128 GB solid state drive
- 8GB of RAM
- HDMI port, two USB ports and Ethernet Port
- Fast WiFi and Windows 10 with Cortana
- Dolby Audio speakers
- Ideal for streaming movies and TV shows
- Perfect for every day computing
- Slim and lightweight
- Optical DVD drive built-in
- $50 cheaper than Black Friday pricing
BUY IT NOW: $190 off new Lenovo Ideapad 330 with free delivery
MORE FROM DEALBOSS
- Italian olive oil may soon run out and prices are expected to rise; here's a deal to help you stock up
- The best all-season bedding sets are under $40 today
- This 12-in-1 home improvement tool is $20 today
- 13 'Game of Thrones' products, deals and sales that honor the final season
- These are the five worst purchases you can make in April
Who is Matt Granite?
- Matt Granite is a freelance consumer reporter who produces stories and video for this Station, Amazon and others. He is not compensated by the brands featured here. This Station and its parent company may receive a share of the revenue from the site that sells the product if you purchase one of these products using the link on this page.